Christian Psychological Services
Christian Psychological Services (CPS) is expanding its services in the Lawrence and surrounding areas. Therefore, CPS will be adding one full-time or two part-time psychotherapists to its professional clinical staff. The position will report to CPS’ Executive Director.
Our Mission: Christian Psychological Services is a non-profit, nondenominational organization that serves the community by providing professional psychotherapy, counseling, education, mediation and psychological testing services.
The staff at Christian Psychological Services takes healing seriously. Focusing on strengths and solid principles of well-being, we meet people where they are on their journey – whether it be toward maturity, healing of hurts, faith walk or rebuilding relationships. As Christians, we provide grace-filled professional services that nurture hope, restore health and foster reconciliation.
The clinical staff represents a variety of disciplines including psychology, counseling and social work. We are seasoned professionals who have experience in the fields of individual (children, adolescents, and adults), marital, family and group therapy for a wide variety of concerns presented to us by our clients. The clinical staff consults with primary care physicians or psychiatrists when necessary to facilitate care.
For full-time psychotherapists, carries an average caseload that involves 25 client sessions per week averaging 45-60 minutes per session.
For part-time psychotherapists, carries an average caseload that involves 3 to 12 client sessions per week, averaging 45-60 minutes per session.
- Responsible for building their own case load and for receiving clients placed by the center’s intake process.
- Marketing one’s services to the public.
- Motivated to learn how to appropriately integrate their Christian faith into the therapeutic process.
- Attend and contribute to weekly staff meetings.
- Effectively collaborate with other clinical staff and support staff.
- Income is based on revenues generated by the therapist.
- Licensed or license-eligible in a Kansas BSRB profession (psychologist, MSW, LPC). Temporary Licensed Psychologists can be considered.
- Must qualify to receive insurance payments for services rendered.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with clients and colleagues as well as with the general public.
- Highly motivated to develop their own client caseload.
Please elaborate in a cover letter on your relevant clinical work history as well as how you would integrate your faith into your clinical work.
Resumes and cover letters may be emailed to [email protected] or may be mailed to Christian Psychological Services, 3510 Clinton Place, Suite 320, Lawrence, KS 66047.
The deadline for receiving applications is May 15, 2018.